The PCO, Pilates Studio of Los Angeles Bridge Program offers experienced Pilates teachers and physical therapists continuing education and review of Pilates core principles in the traditional format through online education at half the cost. Joseph Pilates designed his system of exercise with simplicity, clarity, and purpose. Today, many practitioners have created dynamic programming based on these principles. Our program restores the foundation of Pilates practice and allows the seasoned instructor or therapist to go back to the basics.
This PCO bridge program is offered only to those who meet very strict criteria. Our program is designed for:
- Students that began a Pilates certification program through an established Pilates organization (recognized by PCO and with greater than 5 years history of certifying instructors), but were unable to complete it. The student must have previously completed at least 50% of an apprenticeship program with requirements similar to the PCO Pilates Studio of Los Angeles certification program. Proof is required.
- Certified Pilates instructors that would like a Pilates Studio of LA Certification or continuing education credential.
- Licensed Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants. Must have proof of licensure.
Top Pilates Schools list found on the PilatesWorldDirectory.com may not include all Pilates schools recognized by
PCO The Pilates Studio of Los Angeles. To find out if a particular Pilates school is recognized, Contact Us
Currently, we offer three certifications, and three bridge opportunities.
Comprehensive or Complete Pilates Instructor Certification, Mat Pilates Certification, and Reformer Pilates Certification. Bridge candidates are required to take online courses with online tests, and a practical final exam. Minimum requirements are based on each individual’s prior certifications, degrees, completion of college-level studies, and past teaching credentials/experience, and must meet all current PCO guidelines. This includes apprenticeship hours. For comprehensive certification, proof of current CPR and anatomy course is also required prior to bridge course completion (If you have not taken a basic level anatomy course, you may complete our self study course which requires a book purchase and completion of self-study sheets.)
To apply for The Pilates Studio of L.A. Bridge Program
- Fill out the application. Provide past experience details.
- Attach copies of current certifications, licensure, or details of other certification trainings with apprenticeship logs
- Pay application fee $99 USD. (non refundable)
- Following the review of your application, qualifying applicants who are accepted will be given your individual program requirements and receive a 50% off discount code for all courses. Discount codes will be valid for 72 hours only, and does not apply for products, training manuals, or books.
- Final testing fees and certificate mailing costs will apply. *
Example of Bridge Participant
- Instructor certified by fitness industry known Pilates training program for Mat Certification
- Instructor submits mat program certificate, proof of 100 hours practical training and history of teaching mat Pilates programming for 4 years
- The submission is reviewed, and PCO determined instructor must complete PCO Mat online combined course, with 50% discount applied. No apprenticeship requirement since instructor has fulfilled all hours. Final DVD testing required.
- Upon passing final test, official certificate may be ordered for mailing.