THIS IS A CONTRACT. PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS BEFORE ACCESSING THIS SITE AND THE ONLINE PILATES TRAINING LIBRARY. BY ACCESSING THE SITE (WHICH INCLUDES THE ONLINE PILATES TRAINING LIBRARY™), YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE COVENANTS AND CONDITIONS IMPOSED IN THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS THE SITE.
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE IN GOOD HEALTH. THE INSTRUCTIONS PRESENTED HERE ON OUR SITE AND OR COURSE MATERIALS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE TRAINING MANUALS AND GUIDES, ARE NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR QUALIFIED MEDICAL COUNSELING. CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE DOING THIS OR ANY OTHER EXERCISE ROUTINE.
THE SITE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF ADULTS 18 YEARS OR OLDER. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE SITE IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18. BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO PROVIDE US WITH ACCURATE INFORMATION CONCERNING YOUR AGE OR IDENTITY IF WE REQUEST IT. YOU ALSO AGREE NOT TO ASSIST CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IN ACCESSING THE SITE OR TO ATTEMPT TO CONTACT CHILDREN UNDER 18 THROUGH THE SITE.
BY USING PilatesCertificationOnline.Com’s SERVICE, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS. YOU ALSO AGREE TO REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT PERIODICALLY TO BE AWARE OF MODIFICATIONS TO THE AGREEMENT, WHICH MODIFICATIONS PilatesCertificationOnline.com MAY MAKE AT ANY TIME. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE WILL BE DEEMED YOUR CONCLUSIVE ACCEPTANCE OF ANY MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
1. CONTACT INFORMATION.
The Pilates Studio of Los Angeles
955 Carrillo Dr., Ste. 103
Los Angeles, CA 90048
- “Access” or “Accessing” means accessing, using, viewing the content or otherwise obtaining information on the Site.
- “Agreement” or “Terms” refers to these Terms and Conditions of Use and any subsequent modifications.
- “Educator” may mean a teacher at an accredited K-12 school, college or university. An Educator may also be a Subscriber or Registered User.
- “Study/Practice Files” refers to the Study/Practice files prepared by the authors for use with the training videos and other media.
- “PilatesCertificationOnline.com” refers to PilatesCertificationOnline.com.
- “Multi-User Subscriber” refers to a Subscriber who purchases a subscription to the Online Pilates Training Library for multiple users, when available.
- “Online Pilates Training Library ™” or “OPTL™” means the database of audio-visual works/courses/materials that are available through the Site and are part of the Site.
- “Premium Content” means the training videos and other media available on the OPTL, including the Study/Practice Files.
- “Standard Content” means the training videos and other media available on the OPTL, excluding the Study/Practice Files.
- “Single-User Subscriber” refers to a Subscriber/Registrant who purchases a subscription/course on the Online Pilates Training Library.
- “Student” may mean a pupil at an accredited K-12 school, college or university. A Student may also be a Subscriber or Registered User.
- “Subscriber” refers to any person or entity that purchases a course or uses a subscription, when available, to the Online Pilates Training Library, and may be a Single-User Subscriber, Multi-User Subscriber, Educator, Student or gift subscription recipient.
- “User” refers to any party who Accesses the Site.
- “Website” or “Site” refers to the website maintained on the World Wide Web by PilatesCertificationOnline.com, available at www.PilatesCertificationOnline.com and PilatesCertificationOnline.com, and includes the Online Pilates Training Library.
- “You” or “Your” refers to the User.
3. MODIFICATION OF TERMS.
PilatesCertificationOnline.com reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time. Except as otherwise stated herein, any change to these Terms is effective immediately after PilatesCertificationOnline.com gives notice to the User. Notice can be given through e-mail, a posting on the Site or any other means by which a User may obtain notice. User agrees to check the Site periodically for changes to these Terms. Any use of the Site after changes have been made shall be deemed acceptance of those changed terms and/or conditions.
4. LIMITED LICENSE.
PilatesCertificationOnline.com hereby grants each Subscriber a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to Access the content and information available in the OPTL according to the provisions contained herein, and subject to the payment of the applicable subscription/course fees and adherence to these Terms. Each User shall be authorized to Access the OPTL from any Internet connection.
5. FEES; RENEWAL; REFUND POLICIES.
Single-User for All Courses:
- Acess to Course Content
- Fees paid upon purchase
- Courses are non-refundable
- Discounts, special offers are available only one time
- Right of Access to the courses are granted under these Terms upon payment of fees
6. GIFT SUBSCRIPTIONS (not available at this time)
Gift Subscription Terms and Conditions:
- No refunds
- No exchange or surrender for cash value
- A recipient’s use of a gift subscription constitutes acceptance of and agreement to these Terms
7. ACCESS TO THE OPTL; MODIFICATION OF CONTENT.
PilatesCertificationOnline.com strives to provide the OPTL to its Subscribers on a continuous basis. To that end, PilatesCertificationOnline.com will take all commercially reasonable efforts to provide uninterrupted Access to the OPTL to its Subscribers. However, from time to time, Subscribers may be unable to Access the OPTL due to conditions beyond PilatesCertificationOnline.com’s control. Such conditions include, but are not limited to: force majeure, acts of God, power outages, and the acts of computer hackers and others acting outside the law. Also, from time to time, Access may be unavailable due to software issues, server downtime, increased Internet traffic or downtime, programming errors, regular maintenance of the system, and other related reasons. In response to any unavailability of the OPTL to its Subscribers, PilatesCertificationOnline.com will take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure Access is restored within a reasonable period of time. The term “commercially reasonable,” as used in these Terms, shall mean reasonable efforts taken in good faith without an unduly or burdensome use or expenditure of time, resources, personnel or money.
PilatesCertificationOnline.com endeavors to provide the highest quality content to its Subscribers. To that end, PilatesCertificationOnline.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, or discontinue any aspect or feature of this Site in whole or in part, including, without limitation, the content, availability, Access and/or the Terms of this Site. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which notice may be made by posting such changes on this Site. Users are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and Internet service necessary for use of the Site.
8. ACADEMIC PROGRAM (not available at this time)
PilatesCertificationOnline.com / The Pilates Studio of Los Angeles may offer an Academic Program for Educators and Students at accredited K-12 schools, colleges and universities. Sign-Up Requirements and Logistics:
- An online registration form must be completed
- Educator must be full or part-time teacher at an accredited educational institution; Educator is required to provide appropriate documentation to verify Educator’s status
- Educator designates certain OPTL courses (with Exercise Files) that Students may access; PilatesCertificationOnline.com may limit total number of courses designated
- Institution, Educator or Students must pay subscription fees for Students; Students’ subscription fees prorated based on number of days of program (current fees indicated on the Site)
- PilatesCertificationOnline.com may accept or deny Educator’s application
9. PROHIBITED CONDUCT.
User expressly agrees to refrain from doing, either personally or through an agent, any of the following “Prohibited Conduct”:
1. Transmit, install, upload or otherwise transfer any virus, advertisement, communication, or other item or process to the Site that in any way affects the use, enjoyment or service of the Site, or adversely affects PilatesCertificationOnline.com’s computers, servers or databases.
2. Capture, download, save, upload, print or otherwise retain information and content available on the Site other than what is expressly allowed by these Terms.
3. Permit or provide others Access to the OPTL using Your user name and password or otherwise, or the name and password of another authorized User.
4. Copy, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, redistribute, republish, alter, create derivative works from, assign, license, transfer or adapt any of the software, information, text, graphics, source code or HTML code, or other content available on the Site.
5. Remove or modify any copyright, trademark, legal notices, or other proprietary notations from the content available on the Site.
6. Transfer the Site content to another person; “frame,” “mirror,” “in-line link,” or employ similar navigational technology to the Site content; or “deep link” to the Site content.
7. Violate or attempt to violate PilatesCertificationOnline.com’s security mechanisms, Access any data or server You are not authorized to Access or otherwise breach the security of the Site or corrupt the Site in any way.
8. Engage in any other conduct which violates the Copyright Act or other laws of the United States.
9. Use any device (such as a “web crawler” or other automatic retrieval mechanism) or other means to harvest information about other Users, the Site or PilatesCertificationOnline.com.
10. Use the Site to violate a third party’s intellectual property, personality, publicity or confidentiality rights; upload, download, display, publish, perform, create derivative works from, transmit, or otherwise distribute information or content in violation of a third party’s intellectual property rights.
11. Misrepresent Your identity or personal information when Accessing the Site; forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail so that the e-mail appears to be generated by PilatesCertificationOnline.com.
12. Post obscene, harassing, defamatory, filthy, violent, pornographic, abusive, threatening, objectionable or illegal material on the Site; post a communication that advocates or encourages criminal conduct or conduct that may give rise to civil liability.
13. Advertise or otherwise solicit funds, goods or services on the Site.
14. Provide any commercial hosting service with Access to the Site and/or the content on the Site.
To ensure that Users of the Site do not engage in Prohibited Conduct, PilatesCertificationOnline.com reserves the right to monitor use of the Site and reserves the right to revoke or deny Access to the OPTL to any person or entity whose use of the OPTL suggests Prohibited Conduct. Access of the materials available at the OPTL beyond that of normal patterns of use that suggests systematic copying of the materials constitutes abuse of the OPTL and will result in revocation or denial of Access to the OPTL. The terms “normal patterns” and “abuse” shall be determined solely by PilatesCertificationOnline.com.
You agree not to violate any U.S., foreign or international software or technology export laws and regulations, including without limitation the U.S. Export Administration Regulations.
10. LIMITED WARRANTIES.
PilatesCertificationOnline.com warrants that the software that allows Users to Access the OPTL (“Software”), if operated as directed, will substantially achieve the functionality described on the Site. PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM PROVIDES NO WARRANTY THAT YOUR HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, TELECOMMUNICATIONS EQUIPMENT AND/OR INTERNET SERVICE IS COMPATIBLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ACCESS THE SITE.
ALTHOUGH PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM HAS ATTEMPTED TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION ON THE SITE, IT MAKES NO GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF THAT INFORMATION AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS THEREIN.
11. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
USER ACCESSES THIS SITE AT HIS/HER/ITS OWN RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND (BEYOND THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN SECTION 10), EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AND ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM DOES NOT WARRANT ANY PARTICULAR RESULT FROM USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR SITE.
PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR COMPLIES WITH ANY PARTICULAR LAW OR REGULATION, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF AND YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE) SHALL PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PRODUCTIVITY OR CONTRACT, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND ANY CONTENT THAT YOU DOWNLOAD IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM RECEIVED FROM THE SUBSCRIBER FOR A SUBSCRIPTION TO ACCESS THE OTL, AND FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY SUCH CONTENT, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES.
IN NO EVENT WILL PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM RECEIVED FROM THE SUBSCRIBER FOR A SUBSCRIPTION/COURSE TO ACCESS THE OPTL, EVEN IF PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. IN NO EVENT WILL WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY LAW, IF ANY, APPLY UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO APPLY BY STATUTE NOTWITHSTANDING THEIR EXCLUSION BY CONTRACT.
THIS DISCLAIMER IS APPLICABLE TO ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY RESULTING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OR AN OMISSION OF PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM, COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER SIMILAR ITEM, TELECOMMUNICATIONS ERRORS, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF USER INFORMATION THROUGH THEFT OR ANY OTHER MEANS.
PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR CRIMINAL, TORTIOUS, OR NEGLIGENT ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTIES THAT AFFECT THIS SITE.
NO DEALER, AGENT, OR EMPLOYEE OF PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS, EXTENSION, OR ADDITIONS TO THESE LIMITED WARRANTIES OR DISCLAIMERS.
PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, AND SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE AMOUNT PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM RECEIVED FROM THE SUBSCRIBER, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY SUPPORT SERVICES FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
THE LAWS OF YOUR JURISDICTION MAY PROHIBIT OR MODIFY THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES, AND SUCH DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. THIRD PARTY CONTENT; HYPERLINKS.
You acknowledge that PilatesCertificationOnline.com does not pre-screen third party materials. PilatesCertificationOnline.com is not the publisher or author of any information on the Site that is provided by third party content providers, and PilatesCertificationOnline.com is not liable for any claims related to such information. Content provided by third parties is for informational purposes only, and PilatesCertificationOnline.com’s use of the content constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation by PilatesCertificationOnline.com of the content. PilatesCertificationOnline.com assumes no responsibility for third party products or services.
PilatesCertificationOnline.com may contain links and references to other third party websites and materials. PilatesCertificationOnline.com does not assume any responsibility for these websites or materials and provides these links or materials solely for the convenience of Users. PilatesCertificationOnline.com does not endorse or otherwise recommend any of these third party websites, references, or the products, services, or information there offered. PilatesCertificationOnline.com may disable any hyperlink to the Site. PilatesCertificationOnline.com has the right but not obligation to monitor third party websites and hyperlinks to the Site.
PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM MAKES NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OF THE ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY INFORMATION FOUND ON A LINK LOCATED ON THIS SITE THAT ALLOWS USERS TO ACCESS INFORMATION FOUND ON ANOTHER SITE. ADDITIONALLY, PILATESCERTIFICATIONONLINE.COM DOES NOT WARRANT THE EXISTENCE OR FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY WEBSITE WHICH CAN BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK LOCATED ON THIS SITE.
13. COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS AND OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
PilatesCertificationOnline.com, The Pilates Studio of Los Angeles or its third party content providers shall retain all worldwide rights in the intellectual property in and on the Site, including, but not limited to, trademarks, service marks, logos, trade dress, inventions, ideas, trade secrets, the source code, the HTML code, the “look and feel” of the Site, its color combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, and the copyrights in and to its original content.
You should assume that everything You read or see on the Site is copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected and owned or licensed by PilatesCertificationOnline.com, and/or its affiliates. Except as expressly stated on the Site or in these Terms, nothing that You read or see on the Site or in the OPTL may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, transmitted, republished, displayed or performed for commercial use without the prior written consent of PilatesCertificationOnline.com, except as provided in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms grants You an express or implied license to use any of PilatesCertificationOnline.com’s intellectual property except as set forth in Section 4.
If You submit any unsolicited intellectual property, idea, copyrightable material, invention, discovery, improvement, trade secret or know-how to PilatesCertificationOnline.com, You may forfeit Your intellectual property rights and moral rights contained in such communication or material.
User agrees to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold harmless PilatesCertificationOnline.com, The Pilates Studio of Los Angeles, Performing Arts Physical Therapy of Los Angeles and its officers, directors, agents, employees, shareholders, successors and assigns from and against any cause of action or claim, including court costs, expenses and attorney fees, related to or arising from User’s Prohibited Conduct or other improper or illegal use of the Site, or breach of these Terms.
15. SECURITY; AUTHORIZED USE.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site. PilatesCertificationOnline.com has the right but not the obligation to investigate occurrences of possible violations and will cooperate with all applicable law enforcement authorities in prosecuting violators. PilatesCertificationOnline.com may suspend Your Access while it conducts an investigation. Users are required to enter a user name and password to Access the OPTL. To protect against unauthorized Access to Your account, it is recommended that You close the browser when You have finished using the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of Your user name and password.
You represent and warrant that You are the person on whose behalf You claim to accept these Terms, or, if You are entering into these Terms on behalf of a person or entity, You represent and warrant that You have the power and authority to enter into these Terms and bind the person or entity. You also represent and warrant that You are an adult who is legally able to enter into these Terms.
You may not use the account, user name or password of someone else at any time. You agree to notify PilatesCertificationOnline.com immediately of any unauthorized use or loss of Your account, user name, password and/or credit card information. You also agree to notify PilatesCertificationOnline.com immediately if You are aware of or suspect other unauthorized use of the Site and/or the Site content.
PilatesCertificationOnline.com will not be liable for any loss that You incur as a result of someone else using Your user name and password with or without Your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by PilatesCertificationOnline.com, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents or representatives due to someone else’s use of Your account, user name or password.
PilatesCertificationOnline.com will never ask You for Your password. If You need a new user name and/or password, PilatesCertificationOnline.com will generate a new password automatically through its computers and send it to Your e-mail address.
16. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT.
In addition to PilatesCertificationOnline.com’s other rights, it may terminate this Agreement at any time and at its sole and absolute discretion. PilatesCertificationOnline.com may also terminate Access to the OPTL, courses, or cancel subscriptions to the OPTL without notice if it believes, in its sole judgment, that You have breached or may breach any term or condition of this Agreement, or engaged in conduct that PilatesCertificationOnline.com deems inappropriate.
In the event of termination of this Agreement, the provisions in this Section and the provisions found in Sections 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 shall survive in perpetuity. Each Subscriber’sobligation to pay outstanding fees shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between PilatesCertificationOnline.com and User regarding the subject matter hereof. Any previous agreement, whether oral or written, between PilatesCertificationOnline.com and User dealing with the subject matter hereof is superseded. These Terms may only be modified or amended in writing. If any portion of these Terms is determined to be unenforceable for any reason, such portion will be deemed severed and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect. Upon User’s breach or threatened breach of these Terms, PilatesCertificationOnline.com may pursue any legal or equitable remedy available, including but not limited to, direct, consequential and punitive damages and injunctive relief.
PilatesCertificationOnline.com’s remedies are cumulative and not exclusive. Failure of PilatesCertificationOnline.com to exercise any remedy or enforce any portion of this Agreement at any time shall not operate as a waiver of any remedy or of the right to enforce any portion of the Agreement at any time thereafter. User agrees that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or action arising out of or regarding this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. By Accessing the Site, User signs for and accepts this shortening of the statutes of limitations.